Resources for Soldiers and Their Families
The online community offers a number of resources for soldiers and their families to help them deal with deployments and adjust to life back home. Here are a few recommended by members of the military:
- Military One Source – a free to service members and their eligible family members, offering counseling, financial education, career assistance and more.
- Real Warriors- an initiative launched by the Defense Centers of Excellence for Psychological Health and Traumatic Brain Injury to promote the processes of building resilience, facilitating recovery and supporting reintegration of returning service members, veterans and their families.
- After Deployment – a wellness resource for the military community
- Warrior Gateway – a blog supporting military families
- Mayo Clinic Stress Assessment Test
- Military Marriages That Last – insight to how to build a relationship that will last
- Just Military Loans – online resource for securing military lending without requiring an onsite presence (that’s us!)
Also, be sure to access the resources available to you from your branch of the military, such as a Family Readiness Group, rear detachments, and your employer’s Employee Assistance Program (EAP), if provided.
And, of course, visit the blogs of your military friends! Their candid accounts will both inspire and encourage you, and many enjoy receiving your feedback and hearing your stories, as well.